Donate Stock or Make a Gift
from Your Donor Advised Fund
Make a gift of stocks, bonds or mutual funds to the Save the Redwoods League and you may gain a double tax benefit while preserving places of serenity and majesty.
Gifts of appreciated securities held more than a year—whether outright or to fund a deferred gift—may entitle you to a double tax benefit: You may not recognize a capital gain on the transaction and may take a current income-tax charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the asset (up to 30% of adjusted gross income, with a five-year carryover of any unused deduction).
Donate Stocks, Bonds or Mutual Funds
How to Make a Gift
Please follow these instructions. Donors will receive a formal acknowledgment and tax substantiation.
1. Please call Carolyn Meyer at (415) 820-5819, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a letter to Save the Redwoods League, 114 Sansome Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103-3823, and provide the following:
- Name of donor, address and telephone number
- Anticipated date of transfer
- Restrictions on the purpose of the gift, if any
- Name of stock or mutual fund and number of shares
- Special instructions, if any
2. For stock to be delivered via wire transfer, please provide the information requested under item 1 above, and please wire funds to Morgan Stanley:
DTC #0015 Morgan Stanley
For A/C of Save the Redwoods League
Account # 164-114464-089
Phone (415) 984-6615
Attn: Susan Spaugh
PLEASE NOTE: Save the Redwoods League recommends consulting an attorney when preparing legal documents. LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE: Save the Redwoods League cannot render tax or legal advice, and this information is not intended as such. We recommend that you work with qualified financial and legal advisors.
The Federal Tax ID number for Save the Redwoods League is 94-0843915.
Donate Through a Donor Advised Fund
What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAF's are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
For questions about making a donation through a DAF, please call Carolyn Meyer at (415) 820-5819, or email email@example.com.
You Doubled Your Impact!
Resounding responses from generous members like you raised the $100,000 needed to gain a matching gift for CEMEX Redwoods by December 31, 2012. Long-time League members Pete and Patty Mattson issued the challenge to match contributions made to CEMEX Redwoods by the deadline. Thank you!
You can help keep up the progress by donating today. Learn more about CEMEX Redwoods and donate.