Save the Redwoods League and California State Parks are offering free, downloadable vehicle day-use passes to more than 40 redwood state parks for use on November 24, 2017. The passes are going quickly, so reserve and download yours today at RedwoodsFriday.org.
We are delighted to offer this free event for the third year in a row to celebrate California’s unique and incredible redwood state parks. By offering free vehicle day-use passes, we hope to encourage everyone to go out and explore the parks with their friends and families and to inspire life-long connections with our public lands.
Save the Redwoods League and California State Parks have worked together to protect this network of parks for nearly a century and to encourage visitors from all over the world to experience these remarkable forests. Thanks to the generous support of the League’s members, this year we were able to offer more than 2,500 free passes to over 40 redwood state parks for use on the day after Thanksgiving.
The downloadable passes cover day-use admission and parking fees. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis at RedwoodsFriday.org. Though they’re going quickly, there’s still space at many wonderful parks, including Wilder Ranch, Humboldt Redwoods, Jedediah Smith Redwoods and Calaveras Big Trees State Parks.
Please keep in mind:
- Passes are limited. They will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis according to each park’s capacity.
- Only one day-use pass is needed per vehicle, per park.
- The pass covers day-use admission and parking fees. Pass does not guarantee a parking space or entry if the park is full due to high demand.
- To ensure valid entry and avoid fines, printed passes must be presented to park staff members at entry gates or displayed on vehicle dashboards if no personnel are on duty.
- Electronic images of the pass will not be accepted.
- Consider visiting a state park during the off-peak hours – opening time to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to closing time.
- Visitors without passes are welcome, but must pay admission.
- We encourage all park visitors to review and obey park rules (external link).
- Share your experiences with us on social media using the hashtags #RedwoodsFriday and #CAStateParks.
Learn more about Redwoods Friday and reserve your free vehicle day-use pass today.