In celebration of the League’s Centennial year, we invite everyone to experience the sights and sounds of more than 40 of California’s redwood state parks—for free!
Every second Saturday of each month in 2018, Save the Redwoods League and California State Parks will be hosting a Free Redwoods Day. Parking passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis each month, ahead of the next event. Our next event is on April 14 — download your free pass now!
The upcoming 2018 dates for Free Redwoods Days are:
Free Redwoods Days Events in April
Join Andrew Slack, Save the Redwoods League Forest Fellow, on April 14 at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park for a free guided hike that focuses on restoration and the League’s new Redwoods Rising partnership. If you want to participate in this hike, be sure to RSVP to reserve your spot. (Note: Space is limited. Registration for the hike includes a free parking pass.)
If you can’t attend the League’s guided hike on April 14, be sure to check out these fun events from our park partners:
- Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve: Guided tour with Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods at 10 a.m.
- Bothe-Napa Valley State Park: Birds of Bothe hike at 10 a.m.
- Bothe-Napa Valley State Park: Athletic Hike at 10 a.m.
- Butano State Park: Candelabra Tree Hike at 10 a.m.
- Grizzly Creek Redwoods State Park: “Meet the Flora” Nature Walk at 11 a.m.
- Humboldt Redwoods State Park: “Burls” Nature Walk at 11 a.m.
- Mount Tamalpais State Park: Docent-led Hike at 9:30 a.m.
- Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park: Upcycling for Redwoods with California State Parks at 12 p.m.
Visit FreeRedwoodsDays.org to plan your visit and to get your parking pass. Also, be sure to sign up for our mailing list to receive notifications when the passes to the next free second Saturday are available for download.
We can’t wait to see you on the trails!