Blogging Code of Conduct
About our Giant Thoughts blog
Thank you for visiting our Giant Thoughts blog. Giant Thoughts is a place for personal insights into our organization and our work. The blog not only allows us to hear from you and build our online community, but it also offers you a variety of viewpoints from our key staff members. We invite you to join our conversation with stories and comments of your own, and we will do our best to make it a valuable experience.
Our Pledge to You
The League blog is intended to facilitate respectful dialogue and so you can expect the following:
- We will strive to have open and honest dialogues with our readers.
- We will correct inaccurate or misleading postings in a timely manner. We will not delete posts unless they violate our policies; most changes will be made by adding to posts and we will mark any additions clearly.
- We will disclose conflicts of interest.
- We will not write about confidential or private information — there are some topics we won’t comment on such as information about projects with a non-disclosure agreement in place or contractual agreements with partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- We will provide links to relevant material available on other blogs and websites. We will disclose any sources fully through credits, links and trackbacks unless the source has requested anonymity.
- We understand that respect goes both ways — we will use good judgment in our posts and respond to you in a respectful manner. In return, we ask the same of you.
- We will respect intellectual property rights.
- We will use good judgment in protecting personal and organizational information and in respecting the privacy of individuals who use our blogs.
- We will review all comments before they are posted on our blog to ensure they are relevant and comply with the Rules of Engagement listed below. We will not post comments that are spam, inappropriate, defamatory, use profanity, or otherwise violate our policies.
- We will review, post and respond to comments in a timely manner. We welcome constructive criticism and will read all comments. However, we can’t respond to every comment.
- We will not respond to customer support issues and will not post these comments to the blog.
Rules of Engagement
By posting to the Save the Redwoods League Giant Thoughts blog (hereafter “the Blog”) you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload. All comments must be business-related and must comply with the following Rules of Engagement:
- You agree not to post or transmit anything unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory or pornographic, or anything that infringes upon the copyright, trademark, publicity rights or other rights of a third party.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and release Save the Redwoods League from any and all liabilities, claims, or damages resulting from any content you contribute or link to.
- You will be mindful of the information you share on our blogs — any personally identifiable information you share on a blog can be seen by anyone with access to the blog.
- If you submit a comment, you warrant that it is your own original work and that it complies with the Rules of Engagement.
- Because our blog focuses on material of general interest to all of our readers, we ask that you direct donor support and technical inquiries through our customer service channels. Using these channels will allow you to get your issues to experienced support representative in a timely manner.
By using our Blog, you agree to the Rules of Engagement.