How to Make a Gift
Please follow these instructions. Donors will receive a formal acknowledgment and tax substantiation.
1. Please call Deborah White, Director of Gift Planning, at (415) 820-5828, or email [email protected], or mail a letter to Save the Redwoods League, 111 Sutter Street, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, and provide the following:
- Name of donor, address and telephone number
- Name of stock or mutual fund and number of shares
- Anticipated date of transfer
- Restrictions on the purpose of the gift, if any
- Special instructions, if any
2. For your DTC-eligible gift (domestic stock, bonds, ETFs, index funds) to be delivered into our account, please provide your broker with our account information:
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
DTC Participant Number 0902
Credit Account Number – P72500
FFC Account Number – B96417005
FFC Account of – SAVE THE REDWOODS LEAGUE – STOCK GIFTS
For all other security types (mutual funds, international securities and currencies, etc.), or any questions about stock donations, please contact Deborah White directly at 415-820-5828 or email [email protected].
Save the Redwoods League recommends consulting an attorney when preparing legal documents.
LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE: Save the Redwoods League cannot render tax or legal advice, and this information is not intended as such. We recommend that you work with qualified financial and legal advisors.
The Federal Tax ID number for Save the Redwoods League is 94-0843915.
What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAF’s are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
For questions about making a donation through a DAF, please call Deborah White at (415) 820-5828, or email [email protected].
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Save the Redwoods League and receive tax benefits in return. You can give any amount up to $100,000 per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Your donation can help support the League’s general purposes, our Redwood Land Fund, or one of our priority campaigns.
If you have questions, please contact Deborah White, Director of Gift Planning, at 415-820-5828 or [email protected].
Thank you for considering a gift from your IRA!
This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice. For assistance in charitable planning, consult an attorney for legal advice or the services of a qualified professional.