How to Make a Gift
Please follow these instructions. Donors will receive a formal acknowledgment and tax substantiation.
1. Please call Deborah White at (415) 820-5828, or email dwhite@SaveTheRedwoods.org, or mail a letter to Save the Redwoods League, 111 Sutter Street, 11th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, and provide the following:
- Name of donor, address and telephone number
- Name of stock or mutual fund and number of shares
- Anticipated date of transfer
- Restrictions on the purpose of the gift, if any
- Special instructions, if any
2. For your stock gift to be delivered into our account, please provide your stock broker with our account information:
For A/C of Save the Redwoods League
Attn: Brian R. Peter, 555 California Street, 35th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
PLEASE NOTE: Save the Redwoods League recommends consulting an attorney when preparing legal documents. LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE: Save the Redwoods League cannot render tax or legal advice, and this information is not intended as such. We recommend that you work with qualified financial and legal advisors.
The Federal Tax ID number for Save the Redwoods League is 94-0843915.
What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAF’s are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
For questions about making a donation through a DAF, please call Deborah White at (415) 820-5828, or email dwhite@SaveTheRedwoods.org.
Save the Redwoods League joins our philanthropic community in celebrating the passage of permanent IRA charitable rollover provisions! Congress has reinstated the IRA Charitable Rollover with the PATH Act of 2015, allowing you to make tax-free charitable gifts from your IRA without claiming any increased income. And, your gift counts towards your minimum distribution requirement.
Your donation can help support the League’s general purposes, our Redwood Land Fund, or one of our priority campaigns.
If you have questions, please contact Deborah White, Director of Gift Planning, at 415-820-5828 or dwhite@SaveTheRedwoods.org.
Thank you for considering a gift from your IRA!
This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice. For assistance in charitable planning, consult an attorney for legal advice or the services of a qualified professional.