Wildfires caused by August 2020 lightning strikes and warm conditions have forced the closure of a number of redwood parks throughout the Bay Area region and beyond. We’re keeping a running list of those closures below.
- Austin Creek State Recreation Area
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park (Partially Closed)
- Pescadero Creek County Park (Partially Closed)
- Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park (including Rancho Del Oso)
- (Big Basin Redwoods State Park is open for limited day-use access through a reservation parking system. Reservations are required.
- Butano State Park
- Mountain Home Demonstration State Forest
- Robert Louis Stevenson State Park
One Response to “Fire danger and poor air quality close redwood parks throughout region”
Armstrong redwoods State Reserve is OPEN and has been since Oct 2021.