Join us in the redwoods June 14-18, 2023
The second annual California State Parks Week is being held this year from June 14-18. Through special community events and in-person and virtual programming, this week-long event celebrates California’s 280 state parks and the people who visit and help protect these iconic places. The event is presented by California State Parks, Save the Redwoods League, Parks California and California State Parks Foundation.
A complete list of the week’s events and how to participate is available at CAStateParksWeek.org.
California’s coast redwood and giant sequoia parks are terrific places to enjoy this celebration. These parks are some of the state park system’s most-loved, attracting more than 31 million visitors from around the world each year.
Whether you want to learn about fire a Calaveras Big Trees State Park, celebrate Yurok community at Sue-Meg State Park, or learn to nature journal at Samuel P. Taylor State Park, there are great opportunities for everyone during California State Parks Week.
We’ve listed all the events in redwood parks below. We’ll see you out there!
(P.S. Share your pictures on social media using the hashtag #castateparksweek)
Opportunities throughout Northern California’s redwood parks:
Del Norte County:
- June 14: Smith River Watershed Celebration at Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
- June 15: Guided Forest Meditation Walk at Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
- June 16: Climate Resiliency through Restoration in the Redwoods at Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park
- June 15: Guided Morning Stretch & Flow at Humboldt Redwoods State Park
- June 16: Connect to Your California State Parks at Fort Humboldt State Historic Park
- June 17: Celebrate Yurok Community and Culture at Sue-meg Village in Sue-meg State Park
- June 14: A Night Under the Stars at Hendy Woods State Park
- June 15: Wildflower Wellness at Mendocino Headlands State Park
- June 18: Watershed Warriors Cleanup Day at Navarro River Redwoods State Park
Opportunities throughout the Central Coast region’s redwood parks:
Sonoma and Napa Counties:
- June 17: The Wappo In Wilikos From The Past To The Present at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
- June 18: Sugarloaf New Volunteer Orientation & Social at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
- June 14: Forest Bathing at Mount Tamalpais State Park
- June 15: Nature Journaling and Wellness at Samuel P. Taylor
- June 16: Exploring Protected Redwood Groves at Samuel P. Taylor State Park
- June 16: Parks Week Blitz at Mount Tamalpais State Park
- June 18: Tending Together: Invasive Plant Pull at Mount Tamalpais State Park
Santa Cruz County:
- June 14: Guided History Walk at Forest of Nisene Marks State Park
- June 16: Fall Creek After Fire at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- June 14: Big Sur River Gorge Exploration at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
- June 15: Redwood Relaxation at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
- June 16: Redwoods on the Edge of Change at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
At Calaveras Big Trees State Park in Calaveras and Tuolumne counties:
- Camping for Beginners Workshop on June 14
- North Grove Area History Walk on June 14
- Lava Bluffs Trail Guided Hike on June 15
- Nature Journaling on June 15
- Noon Community Picnic on June 15
- Fire and the Forest Community Guided Hike on June 16
- Celebrating the South Grove Preserve: Joining the Old-Growth Forest Network on June 16
- Junior Rangers and Cubs on June 16
- Children’s Career Fair on June 18
A complete list of the week’s events and how to participate are available at CAStateParksWeek.org.