Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, a number of local, state, and federal jurisdictions have restricted access to redwood parks.
Below is the most updated list we have of these parks.
Most parks — including California State Parks — are now open, but with some kinds of restrictions in place. We encourage you to check the websites for any facility you are considering visiting to learn about these restrictions.
It is very important that visitors to any park maintain rules around social distancing:
- Visit parks by yourself or with a small group from your household.
- Do not form in crowds
- Do not visit parks if you feel ill
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more from others at all times
- California State Parks has more useful information here
Park closures (Updated 9/29)
The following redwood California State Parks are closed due to COVID-19:
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns SP
Other redwood park closures include:
- Indian Creek County Park (Mendocino County)
*This list is subject to constant change. You are advised to look at the website to any redwood park prior to visiting.
We are monitoring fire-related Redwood Parks closures in this list.