Earth Day is the world’s largest civic observance, with more than a billion people in 192 countries celebrating each year! This global celebration is a chance to connect with our planet’s natural wonders and renew our commitment to taking care of our home.
Just a few days later, Arbor Day reminds us to care for the trees which grace our landscapes — from leafy urban streets to venerable forest groves – and provide us with beauty and boundless other benefits.
Join the Earth Day and Arbor Day festivities with these seven ways to celebrate our beloved redwoods:
- Impress your friends with your towering, redwood knowledge. Take this quiz about coast redwoods and giant sequoia.
- Spread the redwoods love by sending Earth Day ecards and Arbor Day ecards to someone special.
- Share why you #Stand4Redwoods and your dreams for the forests’ future on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Go for a day hike in a nearby redwood park or reserve – discover a new trail or revisit an old favorite. Or, you can visit a national park to get in on the fun of National Park Week, which is taking place from April 20 to 28, with a special theme each day. Plan your trip at ExploreRedwoods.org.
- Peruse our Redwoods Reading List and find a new favorite book at the library, your local bookstore, or borrowed from a friend.
- Get creative and make some redwoods-inspired art – such as a drawing, painting, or poem – and share it with the League.
- Make a donation to help the League protect and restore redwood forests and connect people to their countless wonders.
Don’t forget that even the smallest actions can make a positive difference for the world around us. Have fun getting into the spirit of things this Earth Day and Arbor Day!