Research Grant Pre-proposals are due on September 18, 2018. See Pre-proposal Instructions below for submission information. If your Pre-proposal is selected by our review committee for further consideration, a complete application with full proposal is due on November 8, 2018.
Save the Redwoods League funds research that deepens our understanding of how to protect redwood forests in a changing environment. Proposals on all topics that advance conservation science for either coast redwood or giant sequoia forests are welcome.
Both new and recurring applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss proposed research in advance of Pre-proposal submission. Please contact Kristen Shive, Senior Scientist, at kshive@SaveTheRedwoods.org or (415) 820-5852 to discuss research ideas and how the proposed work may support the League’s conservation mission, as well as ask general questions about the Research Grant Program. Please note that all past grant recipients are required to submit an interim progress report or final report prior in order to be eligible for funding in the current grant cycle.
- Please provide a two-page pre-proposal (excluding references) using the template provided here. Combine the pre-proposal followed by CVs for the Principle Investigators into ONE pdf, and re-name the file as described in template footnote.
Submit the Pre-proposal via email to our review committee at science@SaveTheRedwoods.org by midnight PST on September 18th. If your proposal is selected for further consideration, you will be invited to submit a complete grant application with full proposal.
|RESEARCH GRANTS PROGRAM||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Pre-proposals due||September 18, 2018|
|Invitations for full proposals||October 5, 2018|
|Complete application for invited proposals due||November 8, 2018|
|Grant award notifications sent||Mid-December, 2018|
|Grant funding availability||By March 31, 2019|
- We only accept applications from nonprofit organizations (including universities and public agencies) as described in 26 USC Section 170(b) (1) (A) [other than clauses (vii) and (viii)] and not from individuals.
- Funding requests should not exceed $25,000 and matching funds are encouraged.
- The League does not fund indirect costs.
- Past grant recipients must have submitted an annual progress report or final report for all previous League grants in order to be eligible for funding in the current grant cycle.